What's new

Hyper Hybrid Hangover: US Live | June 11th, 2018 | Cedar Point

Would you be interested in a 2018 US Live?

• Yes, at a different park(s) nearby

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack

Mega Poster
Oh Jesus :emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_metal::emoji_smiley::emoji_upside_down:

Last edited:

Ben

CF Legend
I would just like to point out that Lofty made me ride it with him because he was too ashamed to do it alone.

So, I ain't buying what she's selling in this topic, and if she thinks she can make me ride it again but won't have to pay that forward, bitch got something coming.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ blimey - all those places have flipping Wikipedia entries!!!!... I take back my lame "ooh look at the BBQ on offer at the amusement park ha ha ha" post and hand my head in shame. Amateur that I am. :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^ blimey - all those places have flipping Wikipedia entries!!!!... I take back my lame "ooh look at the BBQ on offer at the amusement park ha ha ha" post and hand my head in shame. Amateur that I am. :)
Appreciated the effort bud, and I'll still probably eat the CP BBQ but yeah, the KC places are some of the best BBQ in the world.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I've been told both Joe's, in the original Gas Station location, and Q39 should be top of my list. What makes Jack Stack stand out above those 2?
Don't get me wrong, you won't go wrong I KC with bbq, but Jack Stack is the best. The burnt ends are absolutely fantastic, the sauce is better, and just a fantastic taste. It's a more upscale bbq, actual restaurant. Never had Q39 when I lived out there, but if you want quick, Joe's. If you want the best for a bit more, Jack Stack. Or live like a real American while over here and get both.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Don't get me wrong, you won't go wrong I KC with bbq, but Jack Stack is the best. The burnt ends are absolutely fantastic, the sauce is better, and just a fantastic taste. It's a more upscale bbq, actual restaurant. Never had Q39 when I lived out there, but if you want quick, Joe's. If you want the best for a bit more, Jack Stack. Or live like a real American while over here and get both.
Interesting, thanks Tom. Sauce is just sauce, it adds to the meal rather than define it imo. Are the burnt ends sauced or dry/lightly sauced before re-smoking?

I usually find the upscale, restaurant places are a good couple of rungs lower on the taste scale from the ghetto, eat off a tray places. So far anyway. Both my fave Q places are in that style, sitting next to strangers digging into meat and sides just grunting with appreciation.

Mate, all I do when in the states is find Q places to eat, it's not uncommon for me to spend 3 nights in a row pigging out. We will only have 1 night in KC but I'm insisting we get carryout on the way down to SDC as well so I've got 2 places for sure, and Joe's is one of them, desperate to go there. The other is up for debate but my boss is from KC and swears that Q39 is the best place, and he knows his ends.

Welcome to the BBQ thread guys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.