What's new

“THE SW8 IS OVER!” Alton Towers, Sat 17 March

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wooden coaster rumours have been burning the ears of enthusiasts for years and years. Alton have finally pulled the rod from the fire and are hoping Wicker Man will be a blazing glory on opening day!

Nothing quite beats going to a new coaster opening day, so I hope as many of you as possible will attend this CF-Live! It will all be about Wicker Man, regardless of queue time, but we will squeeze in as many of the other fab creds at Alton as poss!

WHEN?
Saturday, 17th March.

MEET UP TIME AND LOCATION
10:15 at the bottom of Tower Street. It’s probably going to gebrammed with goons so do give yourself plenty of time to park up, get to the entrance, sort tickets and get to the meet up point on time.

Everybody is welcome, the more the merrier! My number if you need it is (unchanged) 07787 573565.

So hopefully I’ll see you there for a day of goon sporting and messing around! The sw8 is nearly over...

Smithy

Strata Poster
Yeah likewise. Need that Octonauts cred too.

Have they sorted out park opening hours proper yet? Probably find a halfway travelodge to save a stupidly early drive up to beat-the-goons.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ you can grab Octo-0s at 10am and still make the meetup at 10:15! :)

( I'm not coming to this BTW, going a few weeks later with my sister and her kids and I can't face Alton twice in a month. Bad goon I know. :( )

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Can't make this one I'm afraid, going a few weeks later with my sister and her kids. No, really. And I too can't face Alton twice in a month.
So that makes 2 bad goons. :(

Karen

Hyper Poster
I will be there! Katie and Aidan will be joining me :D

Early morning train journey to plan now. Best train station for Alton?

jayjay

Giga Poster
It should be Uttoxeter, though there's a worrying lack of X32 on First's timetables for this year. Probably worth giving them a shout.

Also, I'm coming yay

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Bad goon number 4, I literally can't make it to the park thanks to the ****e public transport. :(

jayjay

Giga Poster
Bad goon number 4, I literally can't make it to the park thanks to the :emoji_poop:e public transport. :(

Nooo. Could be worth getting in touch with Karen and sharing a taxi cost from Uttoxeter (I have no idea how much taxis are in the midlands)? I may also be attempting likewise. Watch this space.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Actually, anybody got any suggestions on where to stay nearby the Friday night?

Last time we stayed in I think a Premier Inn in Newcastle Under Lyme and it was still a fair bit away and I want a nice easy drive in Saturday morning.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Actually, anybody got any suggestions on where to stay nearby the Friday night?

Last time we stayed in I think a Premier Inn in Newcastle Under Lyme and it was still a fair bit away and I want a nice easy drive in Saturday morning.

Try chained oak farm (walking distance from AT) it’s fab and you’ll get a great breakfast.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Unsure if I'll be there for opening day but it would be great to tag along if I'm about.

RE hotels we usually stay at Premier Inn Uttoxeter. Perfect location and more importantly they serve the best hash browns in Europe.