What's new

Intamin Reference List 2017

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I was thinking about the one at GAm, are they all called V2 now or Vertical Velocity?

They're both called Vertical Velocity now.

The SFDK version was identical to SFGAm's Impulse coaster when it opened in 2001, until it was discovered that SFDK had exceeded the 150ft maximum height limit imposed for attractions at the park. It was closed in 2002 and modified to its current form.

The standard Impulse coasters don't invert, whereas SFDK's now does after the modifications.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The SFDK version was identical to SFGAm's Impulse coaster when it opened in 2001, until it was discovered that SFDK had exceeded the 150ft maximum height limit imposed for attractions at the park. It was closed in 2002 and modified to its current form.

The standard Impulse coasters don't invert, whereas SFDK's now does after the modifications.
Ironic isn't it; Vertical Velocity was modified to no longer be vertical.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
An update of the Intamin Reference list for the new year.
Not a huge update but some bits to note.

The 2 Asia Park (Vietnam) rides seem to be have confirmed as a family launched coaster and suspended coaster with vertical lift.
The Energylandia Mega Coaster is now on the list.
Warner Brothers Abu Dhabi is now listed for the Junior Suspended Coaster as well.

Intlistnew.PNG

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
And heres the version with some known gaps filled in.
Green are confirmed by parks or news outlets
The red ones are 100% just me filling in from rumours, The SF Dubai plans clearly have a Zac Spin on them and IOA is based on the Motorobike and Sidecar Haggrid rumour thats on Screamscape. I could also theoretically list 2 LSM coasters for the two Six Flags China parks but i really dont trust Chinese art work :p

Still tons to fill in on there though
Intlistnew.PNG

alicee841

Roller Poster
And heres the version with some known gaps filled in.
Green are confirmed by parks or news outlets
The red ones are 100% just me filling in from rumours, The SF Dubai plans clearly have a Zac Spin on them and IOA is based on the Motorobike and Sidecar Haggrid rumour thats on Screamscape. I could also theoretically list 2 LSM coasters for the two Six Flags China parks but i really dont trust Chinese art work :p

Still tons to fill in on there though
View attachment 2215

What is a "suspended coaster with vertical lift"? I've never heard it before.
Something similiar to the ZacSpin I would imagine. o_O

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
An update for the last list we saw

Intamin have now removed the Reference list link from their website. (Possibly because of threads like this :p )

KNown.png

Green is confirmed
Yellow is based off of known art or rumours

My reasoning for these yellow ones

Heroic Land: Based off of this set of concept art and plans for Heroic Land on the official site. - http://heroicland.com/en/worlds-and-attractions/science-fiction-zone
Heroic1.jpg Heroic2.jpg

Wanda Chengdu - Based off this leaked art and various news articles in China.
Wanda Chengdu Launch.jpg

Wanda Guangzhou - Based off of this on the RCDB
https://rcdb.com/16080.htm

Note: I still believe the Zac Spin will be for SF Dubai but i left it off for lack of evidence at the moment. (all 4 new SF parks (1 Dubai and 3 China) have Zac Spins on the concept art but theres only one on the list)

Note 2: The IOA coaster could be listed as a Multi Dimension Coaster (like Thirteen) considering its drop section which makes the Wanda Guangzhou one something else.