What's new

What was the hardest credit you finally got?

rob666

Hyper Poster
Antelope at Gullivers Warrington.
Family kids didn't want to go as it was too kiddy.
No kids of my own.
Kids at work wouldn't go.
Had to wait till my best mate had kids...about 20 years later.
Still, only half the time it took me to find King Ina's Rocks.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Not very glamorous this one, nor is it one that I was particularly desperate to tick off, but mine is the boomerang at Walibi Holland. First attempt in 2002, did a Griswald - turned up to find the whole park closed. On the second attempt in 2007 it was undergoing its revamp into 'Speed of Sound'. Finally got it on last year's GhosterForce.
Uhm... yeah, wasn't really worth the wait.
"did a Griswald". I like it. It needs to be a thing.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Jim in Canada

Roller Poster
I'll second the "did a Griswald" becoming a thing. That would rank right up there with "anticipointment" when the hype for a ride was huge, but the ride didn't live up to it.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Ronde de Rondins took me 3 goes.

2005 - didn't have time to ride it when it was at Parc Asterix.
2014 - broke down while I was waiting in line for it at Fraispertuis City.
2015 - went back to Fraispertuis City. +1.

Weirdly I've never been spited by the usual spiteful creds such as Odyssey or Pteranodon Flyers. But I didn't get spited by Dinoconda, Stingray and Mountain Flyer in China 3 years ago, and it will be a while till I can get them.

Last edited:
Flying Turns at Knoebels! I think I've been there three or four times in my life and it has just been shut or under construction every single time. It was suppose to be open last time but the torrential downpour said otherwise.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
I guess Wildfire, as it took a dedicated standalone trip to return and get it.
CEO spited with his final marketing video. 'Book your plane, steal a car, buy a boat. Do what you must. Wildfire WILL open on 15th June' or whatever it was.
Then it didn't.

Got free noodles out of it though.

I have a few more to add to my previous answer. First would be the creds at Toshimaen because we were rejected entry the first time due to visible tattoos. It wasn't that short of a commute either, so it was a pain to have to go back another day to get the creds.

Another one is New Texas Giant. As I've mentioned before, we went into the park during a tropical storm and stood at the entrance of the cred with hopes that it would open. The ride op said it would, so we stood and stood until we got the boot from the park since it was closing down. We had to skip New Orleans a few days later and drive 11 hours back to the park round trip to get the stupid thing. When we finally got there, it was bring a friend free day so we bought the Flash Pass that included New Texas Giant only to find the Flash Pass entrance closed at the coaster. We inquired, only for them to say they didn't have enough staff to man the entrance and would not be honouring Flash Passes on New Texas Giant that day. Of course Ben threw a fit so we ended up getting on, but then it broke for a short period of time before we finally got to ride it. Funny thing is, from all the cred anxiety I barely even remember the ride experience.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Stealth at Thorpe Park. The first time I went it was closed, so I had to wait a whole year to ride it. I got the cred, rode it twice back to back but then it broke down and I didn't ride it again. Spite!

Pierre

Strata Poster
I thought that my four trips to Americana to ride Screechin' Eagle would be my best "finally" story, but after more than 30 years and three different countries, I managed to get the Schwarzkopf Wiener Looping. http://www.ellocoaster.com/bullet/

I really enjoyed reading your article. As a local person to Flamingo Land I miss this coaster so much! The way you described the valleying and winch brought back particular memories.

I'm not sure of the reasons behind it but when Flamingo Land had it they used to purposely valley the train overnight at that position. They only operated the ride 1.00pm - 3.00pm and 4.00pm - 6.00pm on busy days (shorter time intervals on quiet days) - and at about 12.15pm each day the winch would slowly make it's way down and teasingly bring the train to the top - the noise it makes when the winch releases the train used to send an echo around the park and, just like the bunch of ACEr's you were with, a bunch of general park-goers would sprint to the queue line.

I wish there was a coaster that still gave me the same excitement but yet to find one! You are right in the propulsion of the train, it certainly didn't seem to reverse as high on your video as it did previously. Glad you got it, genuinely cool story, can't imagine the excitement and nerves when you finally got to it after all that time!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Genuinely, it was the right side of Colossus at SFMM. The park was always doing one side operation for my visits, yet only ever ran the left side. By chance, my final visit they were running the right side instead.