What's new

Jardin d'Acclimatation (Paris) to add 17 new rides including Gerstlauer Bobsleigh!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Jardin d'Acclimatation, located in the far west of Paris just announced an extensive investment plan for 2018 including a new Gerstlauer Bobsleigh coaster.

7205253_b77dc1f6-8689-11e7-9195-6f1d0d322b5e-1_1000x625.jpg

Source (in French): http://www.leparisien.fr/paris-7501...jardin-d-acclimatation-21-08-2017-7205253.php

"We are closing all the northern zone, with the old rides and equipments from the 1960s, from Sablons to Saint-James, that is to say across about 900m." announces the park's management.

Thanks to the renewal of our concession decided by the Council of Paris in September 2016, we will be in charge of the park for 25 more years.

"We will attune everything around a Steampunk theme" [...] Guests, young and old, will discover a Jules Verne and Hugo Cabret-inspired universe, with a 19th century-style architecture.

[A Gerstlauer Bobsleigh] will raise 12m high and will bear the look of a plane's turbine. €25M will therefore be invested into 17 new rides.

Pour le groupe LVMH, l’objectif est de conquérir la troisième place du podium des parcs de loisirs français (après Disneyland et le parc Astérix) et passer ainsi de 2 millions de visiteurs par an à plus de 3 millions. For LVMH Group, the goal is to gain third place of the French amusement parks ranking (after Disneyland Paris and Parc Astérux) and go from 2 millions attendance to over 3 millions.

d5ea3d22-8689-11e7-9195-6f1d0d322b5e_1.jpg

The park is owned as a joint-venture between LVMH and Compagnie des Alpes - who also own Astérix and Walibi parks, including the one in Belgium adding another Gerstlauer Bob next year.

This announcement is very interesting, as the park certainly has potential for tourism. It is easily reachable by metro (with none other than line 1 in fact) and isn't too far from big landmarks such as the Champs-Elysées. Not sure if tourists would actually come to Paris for a Gerstlauer Bob, but since it is within city limits, I can see many people simply staying a few hours and moving on to more sightseeing with little hassle.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Seems like a decent fit for the park. Gerst Bobsleds are solid family rides, and the place had a very laidback atmosphere. Now just need Dragon to reopen so I can get a +2

TilenB

Strata Poster
Oh, that's nice. Hopefully none of the current creds are leaving, right? That artwork sort of reminds me of Rattenmuehle, hopefully this will be at least as fun. :)

peep

CF Legend
They announced the addition of lots of rides ages ago but nice to see them release more details. I really like Gerst bobs so this should make for a great addition to the park.

I feel like this park could really become something great if it got the right additions so I'm looking forward to seeing what else they're doing.

Lofty

CF Legend
This park is in a great place, It's nice that it will be getting the TLC it needs. Looking forward to how this turns out.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Fellow French coasterfan KingRCT3 got inside access to the coaster's layout which has been shown to the press. He was allowed to make an approximate NL2 recreation, Tobi-style:

NCSrNHK.jpg

evSKWGW.jpg

We also learn that the coaster will have a second lift... or possibly a small launch:

bf1NrpS.jpg

0sZusQn.jpg

sRlICS5.jpg

uXBfiRv.jpg

Source: CoastersWorld.fr (KingRCT3)

Intresting to see the layout mostly relies on twisty bits without any bunny hops - unlike other Gerstlauer Bobseigh. I like the longer length too!

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm interested to see that the ride has two lift hills. I believe that this is the first Gerstlauer Bobsled to have two lift hills.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Looks fun. I don't know this park at all but presumably there's restrictions on what they can do in such a city location, so that ride looks a good fit.

Lofty

CF Legend
Actually, chantier means construction (site). The article is about how fast the work is going and how tight the schedule is. This is not the name of the coaster.

EDIT : The ride should be called "les rockets", which I do not need to translate.
Thanks Balrog!