What's new

Mirabilandia | Desmo Race | Maurer Spike Dragster

Lofty

CF Legend
I think the last terrible decision of this magnitude was when Maurer first came up with the concept of the Spike Coaster.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I hope their next announcement is a S&S LSM Coaster... :rolleyes:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
It's a trap. Expect a huge disappointment soon.
Well what'ya know.

Actually though, I just can't comprehend the reason as to why Parques thinks this is a good investment. Barely expanding the park, some Spike Coasters, and some VR. Give that money to literally any other chain and they'd be able to give that park a world-class ride, with some leftover for other park improvements.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Why are you sure its a Spike? Could it be the new S&S steeplechase? Hmm

Edit: I just saw the concept art from page one, maybe it is the MS ride.... but still, one could hope for the S&S?

Pear

Strata Poster
It's definitely a Maurer. The blue ride in the concept image is an exact clone of Sky Dragster.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
they could've invested properly into at least 1, maybe 2 world class experiences and built a destination like PA or EP, but no, lets get a skyline park moto thing HAHAHAHAHA.

I think the logic of Parques Reunidos is that the park is "readily developed", so that they don't need to add any more to it. It is essentially "complete", since it already attracts a lot of guests and makes a lot of money. When they buy a park, they don't need it to grow further, only to sustain the income it had at the time of acquisition. Sort of like loading an RCT save with a park that has already completed the scenario goals, and is making money. No need to build anything more, just maintain what is already there, and pocket the profits it makes. Let that RCT save run overnight, have tons of money come morning, give it all to shareholders or use it to buy another park and do exactly the same.

It seems like they approach theme parks like other developers approach office buildings. It is common to own a building, pay for maintenance, and let rent money trickle in. No need to add a floor, expand with a new wing, or change the facade just for the sake of it. Spending money is a risk, since you don't know whether you can attract more tenants or increase prices to make your money back. It is safer to just buy buildings that have everything in order, long-term rent contracts already in place, and let things take care of themselves with minimal investment.

Judging by the amount of money Parques Reunidos makes, this strategy apparently works from an financial point of view. Buy parks that have a solid customer base, enough rides to fill a day, and little competition in its segment, and let them make money. Occasionally they add a cheap ride to sustain the visitor numbers, but they seem to shy away from big, risky investments. Sure, the park stagnates, visitor numbers plateau, and rides eventually wear out, but with some "clever management" (understaffing, shutting down rides that cost a lot to maintain, increasing prices, etc.) they can still run a profit. I don't think any Parques Reunidos parks are directly unprofitable, but if they happen to dip into the red, one can always do another round of cost-cutting. Or maybe just sell off a park, if there's nothing left to salvage. The chain hasn't been in that situation yet, though, so it's hard to say.

Looking at their website, it's extremely clear that Parques Reunidos is in it for the money, and for the money only. The parks are company assets, how exactly they make money seems to be of secondary importance to the company. I made a lengthy post about it a couple of months ago.

F*ing soulless, dirty cash-grabbers.

iac17

Mega Poster
let's face it the spike capacity it's terrible (800pph for the model that pr is going to build)
how can't they understand that 800pph is not enough for one if not the biggest park in italy
both katun (1700pph) and ispeed (1400pph)have long queue despide their huge capacity
i hope pr change their mind and decite to go with a bether manifacturer and model
couse like this they are only trowing money in the garbage=(

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
let's face it the spike capacity it's terrible (800pph for the model that pr is going to build)
how can't they understand that 800pph is not enough for one if not the biggest park in italy
both katun (1700pph) and ispeed (1400pph)have long queue despide their huge capacity
i hope pr change their mind and decite to go with a bether manifacturer and model

You have the grammar skills of a pre-schooler. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though because you're Italian.

TilenB

Strata Poster
You have the grammar skills of a pre-schooler. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though because you're Italian.
ATI, I'd like to see you put together a comprehensible sentence in a language other than English.
Your posting has improved, but...
tumblr_m6rlh5Zfh31ra4bpso1_500.gif

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, I agree! The capacity is going to be absolutely dreadful. Also, ignore ATI, he's just salty because you're not posting in the Blackpool topic...

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Snippet from Parksworld Online says something interesting about Mirabilandia.
Vekoma2018.png

Now I would take this with a small grain of salt as it's possible theres confusion between Mirabilandia Italy and Mirabilandia Brazil as the Brazilian park is moving and reinstalling the old SFOG Deja Vu sometime soon. However having said that. The Brazilian park is locked in a land dispute right now and wont open I'd imagine until 2020 until the earliest and why would Vekoma mention a Refurbishment.

If however this isnt a mix up then a GIB seems on for Italy.

iac17

Mega Poster
this is wierd!
the article saies "italy's mirabilandia" and "twenty roller coaster to open in 2018"
but from my last visit to mirabilandia it didn't seem like they are preparing the land for a 2018 addition

TilenB

Strata Poster
Snippet from Parksworld Online says something interesting about Mirabilandia.
View attachment 2254

Now I would take this with a small grain of salt as it's possible theres confusion between Mirabilandia Italy and Mirabilandia Brazil as the Brazilian park is moving and reinstalling the old SFOG Deja Vu sometime soon. However having said that. The Brazilian park is locked in a land dispute right now and wont open I'd imagine until 2020 until the earliest and why would Vekoma mention a Refurbishment.

If however this isnt a mix up then a GIB seems on for Italy.
I think they might have those parks mixed up too. How reliable is the magazine? If Mirabilandia was adding a GIB, surely that would be a big enough of an addition that could warrant some sort of press release at this point?