What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

X: Uknown

Mega Poster
a7f752432d2e77b6dc5ba5e4271060aa--zootopia--zootopia-fanart.jpg

Temleh

Mega Poster
I've just spotted the scaffolding on Infusion's 3/4 helix (at first I thought it was on the brake run but look closely and you can see it is on the turn). I wonder if it will be getting the repaint it badly needs in time for Icon's opening day?

Will

Strata Poster
Hoping I'm wrong, because as a general rule, I'm very excited about this project - but that sequence of corners we've just seen does not look Will-friendly.

Don't see it matching Helix though.

Sandman

Giga Poster
One thing that would be nice would be some Taronesqe head choppers in the twisty turns, im not sure how densely packed the twisty section will be with supports but i hope you do get some interaction with nearby stuffs. Bar the known interaction points like over by steeplechase.

The section after the immelmann looks more Taronesque than Helix in my opinion, hopefully it's a nicely paced moment.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Hoping I'm wrong, because as a general rule, I'm very excited about this project - but that sequence of corners we've just seen does not look Will-friendly.

Don't see it matching Helix though.

Shame they aren't to your taste, luckily that's the very last moment of the ride, so shouldn't impact the preceding layout.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I really liked the colour scheme on paper but admittedly it does look a bit drab against the grey Blackpool sky. Maybe it will look better on a sunny day.

The interactions with the other coasters are going to be awesome though. I am looking forward to seeing the bit around Steeplechase.

Sandman

Giga Poster
To be fair re:colour scheme, out of the 2 photos that Lofty posted, it only really looks dull in the first photo because of the angle facing the dull sky. In second photo facing away from the sky, the silver/grey looks pretty bright and fresh to me. Bad cameras at bad angles probably exacerbate the dullness, which I guess is good as it might be a pleasant surprise up close in person.

Pear

Strata Poster
The second half of the ride could either be really good or mediocre depending on how fast the launch ends up being. I really hope this doesn't suffer from Star Trek syndrome.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
The second half of the ride could either be really good or mediocre depending on how fast the launch ends up being. I really hope this doesn't suffer from Star Trek syndrome.
I've heard good things about STOE. It apparently runs through the layout a lot faster than it looks from POV/off ride and actually has some nice airtime.

Will

Strata Poster
Can't believe the UK is going to have more than 1 actually good coaster.. the colours are very dull though.
Jeez, I thought my standards were unreasonably high!

More than 1 world class coaster, I'll grant you, but despite Merlin's best efforts, the UK's not that bad!

Sandman

Giga Poster
I've heard good things about STOE. It apparently runs through the layout a lot faster than it looks from POV/off ride and actually has some nice airtime.

That's true. It looks like it crawls through it offride, but on ride the pacing is just right for a coaster of that size.

Temleh

Mega Poster
No pics I’m afraid but the Immelmann is very near to completion, it’s tall enough to be seen from outside the park. I’d say it’s one track piece off being max-height.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
No pics I’m afraid but the Immelmann is very near to completion, it’s tall enough to be seen from outside the park. I’d say it’s one track piece off being max-height.

I wonder how tall the top hat will be, considering the Immelmann is the tallest point of the ride. I'm guessing around 85ft, because I think that 82ft drop is the drop off of the top hat, not the Immelmann. There doesn't appear to be much of a height difference between the two.

Pear

Strata Poster
I found it incredibly boring. The launches were slow and forceless, the ride practically stalls on the big elements. The ending has some nice airtime but nothing I would call great by any standards. The spike in the back was quite cool however.