What's new

Intamin Reference List 2017

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Howdy all

As this is the rumour forum why not start a few more?
Below is a snippet of the Intamin Reference list the company put out in July 2017. This snippit includes all contracts signed from 2014 onward and all the T.B.A's on the list.
The full version including every ride from 1968 through to now is available on their website at the bottom of this page so there's nothing leaked and no illegal sharing going on.

the list.JPG
its quite interesting to see the contract date compared to when rides actually opened as well. At minimum its 2 to 3 years with some much longer ones.

There are a few TBA that can be ticked off as confirmed already. Take the bottom 3 for example
The Double Twisted Impulse Coaster for example is Wanda Wuxi
Suspended Family Coaster under 2014 is confirmed for Warner Brothers Abu Dhabi.
The Surf Rider is already up as Shanghai Disneyland

There are however a ton on there we don't know about yet. I can actually fill in a fair few of the blanks i reckon but anyone fancy having a go?

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Duelling LSM caught my eye, Imagine 2 Tarons duelling......

15n5lz.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I know it's bad form to speculate wildly, and I have nothing to base this off of other than the word of a friend working there, but apparently TusenFryd will get something big for its 30th anniversary next year. I try to see if anything on this list would fit the park, but I don't quite think so. Their last big coaster was a hydraulic launch coaster from Intamin, so while there's a chance they'll go to the same company again, I doubt they will purchase essentially the same ride type.

Removing launched coasters from the list, one is left with the ZacSpin, the vertical lift suspended coaster, the multidimensional coaster, and the non-launch family coaster. The latter two would resemble TusenFryd's last coaster addition, a Vekoma Junior coaster, too much to be plausible. I mean, I don't particularly like their investment strategy, but "the same ride twice in a row" would be too dumb even for them. Of the two remaining, the ZacSpin appears the most likely, though I wouldn't rule out the other either.

@Zek_Teh_Kek, I think the vertical lift suspended coaster won't have a Fahrenheit-style lift, but rather elevator-like. Intamin already offers this system on water rides (most prominently, the Pilgrim's Plunge/Giraffica/DiVertical clones), so transferring the concept to an inverted coaster doesn't seem that far-fetched. It would have a rather low capacity, of course, but I could see it be a marketable little ride with that unique gimmick. Time will tell whether it was TusenFryd that took the contract or somebody else. For now, it seems unlikely to be them, though. There's a big world of manufacturers and parks out there, after all.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
^Still, an elevator lift on an inverted/suspended coaster? Last I checked there wasn't anything like that
yet anyways.

^^ What about the 2nd gen zacspin? That could be possible.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Here's what I think can be ticked off
Green = Confirmed either already on site or park confirmed
Yellow = I'd say I'm 90% sure on these two. Both have been leaked by a Chinese firm who does the installation of rides but neither technically official
Orange = Confirmed Asia park is getting two Intamins. But no idea which types.
Red = Educated guess based on whats shown in concept art or in the case of Malaysia track on site.

List2.JPG

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Since there are four LSM launch coasters in a row at the top there, three of which have the same year of contract, is it possible that they are bought in bulk? That is, all bought by the same chain, if not outright clones of each other?

Of course, it makes sense for Asia Park to have purchased their two coasters simultaneously, and if that happened in 2017 it only leaves two LSM launchers in that "batch", kind of torpedoing the theory, but maybe worth considering anyway. I guess it depends on when Asia Park purchased their rides. As you can see on the list, most of the confirmed deliveries were contracted 2-3 years ago. Could it be that Asia Park's two coasters really are further down the list?

That being said, I'm also curious about the three LSM launch coasters in the lower half of the list. They're the only ones unaccounted for that were contracted in 2015. It sounds like Intamin has sold a lot of these rides, but we haven't seen signs of them yet. Wonder who the buyers were?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
You could be right Move the Asia Park ones down to the Vertical Lift Suspended coaster (replacing the Premier suspended) and the LSM launch (replacing the premier wheel coaster) and that leaves 3 LSM launches all in a row from 2017.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Isn't the current rumour that Universal are replacing Dragon Challenge with an Intamin Launch coaster themed to Hagrid's motorbike going through the Forbidden Forest. I assume if that is the case then one of the LSM coasters is for Universal.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
That concurs with the senior engineer I talked with at EAS 2017 which allowed me to say Intamin would work on about 15 coasters next year, including many in China. I think the vertical lift Suspended Coaster is the most intriguing of the bunch, as it most certainly means Intamin will finally build another inverting Inverted coaster after... when was the last time? V² at SFDK?

Otherwise, my trip to Vietnam next year might be bigger than I first envisioned. So Vietnam is getting both the first Firestorm clone and an Intamin Blitz? What a way to put yourself on the map!

Lofty

CF Legend
That concurs with the senior engineer I talked with at EAS 2017 which allowed me to say Intamin would work on about 15 coasters next year, including many in China. I think the vertical lift Suspended Coaster is the most intriguing of the bunch, as it most certainly means Intamin will finally build another inverting Inverted coaster after... when was the last time? V² at SFDK?
You mean, since this year..?

Ben

CF Legend
Maybe that database could help Lofty to see that’s not an inverting inverted coaster which is what Coaster Hipster said...